Sunday, May 2, 2010

Things I have been making these days

I have been busy these days as now I have a studio! It's only 3 minutes away from home too. It is upstairs of a new shop, Oku Den. My sewing machine, over-locker, fabric, threads, etc... have moved out of my house. It is so nice to have a big space and a big table to cut fabric , and designing and sewing what I like to make is just fantastic. I have met a wonderful person, Oku, who gives me constant encouragement. After the bags and aprons are made, they move into beautiful shop space downstairs. How fortunate am I to find this opportunity!

I love making these shoulder bags. It is so much fun to match kimono fabrics with this beautiful denim. Luckily these shoulder bags recently found their new permanent home, so I am really happy.

And with the small off-cuts, I have been making small coin/lipstick pouches.
These are all small left-over pieces of kimono fabrics. I have boxes full of them and again, it is a lot of fun finding the right combination.


I have been working diligently these days, so I gave myself a reward by accepting an invitation to a craft weekend last weekend. Sewjourn is in picturesque Lancefield, only 1 hour away from Melbourne. Meeting such beautiful fun loving women who all have passion for being creative was really inspirational. I had a chance to make clothes for myself and my daughter - here is one of them... she loves modeling for the camera!

8 comments:

  1. That top is almost a pretty as your daughter. Isn't Sewjourn fabulous? I have been lots of times but was busy the weekend you went. I love your bags too. I have the most beautiful piece of antique kimono from when I lived in Yamaguchi - it would make a nice bag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The top looks gorgeous on your daughter! I'm so glad to have met you and that you enjoyed Sewjourn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Studio space.... how lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh doesn't she look beautiful! I hope she liked the skirt too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just discovered your blog and read through all the posts. Your bags are stunning and so creative. I look forward to visiting again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your daughter is adorable. Simply adorable!!! And how great does the top look!!!

    I wear your bag every day. I adore it.

    E xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your daughter is adorable. Simply adorable!!! And how great does the top look!!!

    I wear your bag every day. I adore it.

    E xxxx

    ReplyDelete