Sunday, February 28, 2010

Tibetan Apron

Recently I made a shoulder bag for my friend who wanted to use her favourite piece of fabric as a feature panel. This colouful piece of fabric comes from a Tibetan apron. It is a strong fabric and those stripy colours are really gorgeous. The apron had three strips sewn together and I was thinking about the Tibetan woman who might have weaved this piece as I un-stitched them. I wondered what kind of apron she was wearing.


I found out later that traditionally, these aprons are worn by married women. It is really interesting to see how each culture has its unique way to distinguish woman's married status!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Hi Yuki
    I just tried to send you something but I must have an out of date email address. Can you email me at suseinthesoup@gmail.com please? Thanks! Suse, x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Yuki,

    I want to make your beautiful salad tonight - can you email me Please? I have mirin, soy, sesame oil, what else goes in the dressing?

    love Caroline
    stompergirl@pacific.net.au

    ReplyDelete