Sunday, May 23, 2010

New bags for Autumn

When I made these bags, the theme was Autumn. Little subdued colours were chosen, as quickly Melbourne is becoming cooler each morning with thick fogs covering the valley. We wake up and often think it is snowing outside!

The bag below has a thin strip made by "Tsumugi silk" at the left side of the feature panel which gave a real uplift to this gentle purple kimono fabric. These bags are for sale in the shop!



Can you tell what is cooking in this pot? Some yummy sweets with honey comb?
No. This is my latest batch of soap. My friends and I used to regularly catch up to make soap, but one of my friends is away currently, so we haven't been making it for a while. After I started to make this batch, I realised that I didn't have certain ingredients, so had to alter the recipe. This is very rich and moisturising soap with sweet almond oil, rose hip oil, bees wax, etc...


They are cut into blocks and now being air dried in my daughter's bedroom. Her room smells absolutely exquisite with the essential oils of lavender, rose geranium, rosemary and pink grapefruit. I also worked out how to use macro setting with my camera. Finally...

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment