Sunday, August 30, 2009

Tin Tin Costume

My children's school hosts a book character dress-up day once a year and it's that time again this year. My son knew what he wanted to be straight away so I thought I would have enough time to search op-shops...but couldn't find the right coloured top and pants, so I decided to make them for him. He is a big fan of Tin Tin and he showed me in his Tin Tin book to tell me what type of clothes Tin Tin wears. He already had a white shirt so I got the fabrics to make a turquoise blue top and a pair of brown trousers as shown in the photo above. In Prep year, he didn't want to become anything as he was too shy to do dress-ups, but now he is 9 years old, and so grown up, he is willing to dress up as his favourite book character. It is so nice to see this transition in him. By the way, my daughter didn't know what she wanted to become until the day before but we found a nice dress to make her look like Laura from "The Little House on the Prairie"...

1 comment:

  1. Hooray for Tin Tin! My boys all love Tin Tin too - great idea for book week costume. Son #3 didn't want to dress up this year though, which was a shame.

    Lovely to see you blogging Yuki. There is quite a community of BHPS school mums in blogland now :)

    ReplyDelete