Sunday, August 9, 2009

A Red Bag



Here is one of my most recent handbags. I used woollen kimono fabric and black linen lining. It has a small pocket inside for your keys or mobile phone. The fabric was kindly donated by my mother-in-law who found it in a shop in Ocean Grove, Victoria. She remembered that I really like red fabrics, so she chose this one for me. It is gorgeous! So thank you!


This hand-turned wooden bead is made from Australian hardwood, which I polished with beeswax to give it a nice finish. With all these unique features, perhaps I should give the bag a name...

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Yuki - I am SO thrilled to see this fabric made up into one of your beautiful handbags, and what a great idea to give each bag a name! There would be many wonderful choices from Japanese culture/language. I christened the fuschia pink bag that you made for me when we went to the theatre; it felt quite special and unique! Thankyou. And when you told me that Sue had purchased one of your bags for her sister in UK, I realised that you & your work will be internationally loved & recognised. By the way, at dinner recently, Jan was using the apricot/black bag you made for her birthday - it suits her colours so very well. Love your blogsite...well done!! LoL, mx

    ReplyDelete